6 Ways to Boost Curb Appeal This Spring
Image Credit: PC Photography, Getty Images
Spring is the perfect time to boost your home’s curb appeal, whether you are planning on putting it on the market or just want to refresh your home’s exterior. Here are six of my favorite low-budget tips to help you make the most of your outdoor space this season.
1. Give your exterior a deep clean – Winter weather can leave a lot of dirt and grime on your home’s exterior. Power washing your siding, driveway, and walkways, can quickly and effectively remove built-up dirt, giving your home a fresh, clean look. You’ll be surprised how big of a difference it can make. If you don’t have a pressure washer, you can often rent one at hardware stores, or hire a local vendor to tackle the project for you.
2. Make any needed repairs – Ok so this one isn’t fun or glamorous, but it will make a big difference. After power washing, you might notice things like paint peeling from trim, damaged siding, or a loose railing. Take care of them early and it will save you on much more major repair costs down the line. Even small issues can have a major impact on your home’s curb appeal, and they can turn into much larger issues if left unaddressed.
Image Credit: Trigger Photo, Getty Images Signature
3. Add a pop of color – Your front door is the focal point of your home’s exterior and is a great place to add a pop of color. Consider painting your front door a bold, bright hue, that compliments the rest of your home’s exterior. Or, even something as simple as adding a fresh spring wreath or potted plants can add a little bit of color and interest.
4. Freshen up your landscaping – Create a beautiful outdoor space by clearing away debris and planting fresh flowers. Add a fresh layer of mulch or pine straw to your garden beds to create a clean and polished look.
Image Credit: Bang, Getty Images
5. Upgrade your outdoor lighting – Outdoor lighting is not only functional but can also enhance your home’s curb appeal. Replace outdated or weather-worn fixtures with new energy-efficient options or add lighting to walkways and entryways. As an added bonus, not only does proper outdoor lighting make your home look warm and welcoming, but it can also provide added safety and security too.
6. Create an outdoor living space – A welcoming front porch or patio can create an inviting atmosphere for potential buyers or guests. Consider adding a few pieces of outdoor furniture, such as a rocking chair or bench, to create a cozy and comfortable outdoor living space.
Image Source: Susannah Townsend, Corelens
Boosting your home’s curb appeal doesn’t have to be a daunting or expensive task. By following these simple tips, you can create a beautiful and welcoming outdoor space that will make a lasting impression on guests and potential buyers alike.